I started this book with a plot-a-thon at the end of 2009. Misrule was my fourth complete manuscript and third mystery novel. (The first two mysteries will become books 1 and 2 of the Lost Hat series. The first book was an historical romance doomed to obscurity.) I felt like I was getting a grip on this novel-writing game. I’d been reading Elizabethan history for a year or so — enough to get rolling. I believed this was going to be the book that sold, so I decided to keep keep track of my progrest. My goal was to start being efficient about producing books. Like good scene in genre fiction, I met conflict (time, over-planning, a series of new editors) and failed to achieve my goal. I learned a lot, though.
Click here to read the rest of Anna's article!