Skip to main content

Best I've Come Across Round-up: The Character Edition

In a perfect world, this blog would be full of writing and editing tips, research assistance, and all other kinds of good stuff you'd expect an editor to come up with. But the truth is, between editing and cover design gigs and maintaining my first love, my book review blog, I'm just too busy to devote as much time as I'd like to this blog. But I am pretty good at finding resources, tips, and fun stuff and passing them along to my followers on Twitter and Facebook. So I thought I'd compile the best of what I come across on the world wide web every once in a while in a recap post for this blog. It just so happens that many of the good articles I've come across in the past couple of weeks are centered around one of my favorite subjects: Characters!

10 Questions You need to Ask Your Characters

Writing the Unlikable Character (and Why You Should)

3 Ways to Introduce Your Main Character

3 Key Tips for Plausible Characters

11 Secrets to Writing Effective Character Description

Why Characters Should Be at the Heart of Your Story